School of Movement Scholarship Application
Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the Single Parent Scholarship is to provide supplemental financial assistance to those single parents who are pursuing a course of instruction that will improve their income-earning potential.
Amount of Scholarship:
This scholarship is distributed once a year.
The amount of this scholarship is $5,000.00.
Single parents selected for financial assistance will meet the following criteria.
They must be:
1. A resident of Archuleta County
2. A high school graduate or GED graduate
3. A single head of household (single, legally separated, divorced, and
widowed) with sole custody of one or more children under the age of 18.
4. Pursuing a career-oriented course of study to ensure a better standard of
living for her family. Applicants cannot already have earned an under-
5. A low-income person at or near the poverty level.