School of Movement Scholarship Application
Tony Jaramillo Scholarship Award
Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the Single Parent Scholarship is to provide supplemental financial assistance to those single parents who are pursuing a course of instruction that will improve their income-earning potential, or to assist moms in liquidating their student loans.
Amount of Scholarship:
This scholarship is distributed once a year.
The amount of this scholarship is $5,000.00.
Single parents selected for financial assistance will meet the following criteria.
They must be:
1. A resident of Archuleta County
2. A high school graduate or GED graduate
3. A single head of household (single, legally separated, divorced, and
widowed) with sole custody of one or more children under the age of 18.
4. Pursuing a career-oriented course of study to ensure a better standard of
living for her family, or in need of financial assistance to pay down student debt.
5. A person who is need of aid.
6. During the application process, you will be asked to provide a short 300-500 word essay, and two letters of personal recommendation from either past or present employers, friends or family members. In .pdf format, these can easily be uploaded to the application.